Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Easy Peanut Butter Cookies

I'm sure you've been there. It's getting later in the evening, you remember that you're supposed to bring something for people to munch on to the office/church/get-together tomorrow. Behold, the easiest cookie in the world. I've been making these things on my own since I was 10, so we're old last-minute cookie friends. (They were my first 4-H baking demonstration!)

Just a little warning: Since there are only 3 ingredients, these cookies are like peanut butter cookie concentrate. They're small, but they pack a punch! (P.S. Sorry for the crappy pictures. The lighting wasn't working for me.)

Like I said before, only 3 ingredients:

              • 1 cup of peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
              • 1 cup of sugar
              • 1 egg













Mix the ingredients together into a brown peanut-y, sugary goo. When thoroughly mixed, roll the dough into small balls, no bigger than an inch in diameter. Take a fork dipped in sugar and make a crisscross pattern across each ball to flatten it. Re-sugar the fork for each cross to add a little flavor and make sure the fork doesn't stick.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes. Let the cookies sit for a minute to solidify, then transfer them to a cooling rack.  
Voila! Cookies!











No comments :

Post a Comment